Creamy Cauliflower or Broccoli Soup
2 tbsp avocado oil
2 tsp chopped garlic
2 cups chopped leeks
1/2 tsp salt
1 head cauliflower or broccoli or mix of both
1 litre of vegetable soup broth
1/4 cup blanched almonds, whole or slivered
3 tbsp chives and handful of sprouts to garnish
1. Heat oil in a soup pot on medium.
2. Add garlic, leeks and salt. Cook until soft.
3. Add cauliflower and/or broccoli. Sautee for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add Soup broth, bring to a boil and then simmer 20 mins until cooked.
5. Let cool slightly. Add almonds. Process in a blender until creamy.
6. Garnish with chives and sprouts