Almond Basil Pesto
Basil is an excellent source of vitamin K and manganese; a very good source of copper, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids such as beta-carotene), and vitamin C; and a good source of calcium, iron, folate, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids.
• 2 cups basil, packed
• 2 cloves garlic
• ⅓ cup blanched almonds toasted
• ⅔ cup olive oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- Blanch basil leaves in boiling water.
- Shock in an ice bath (ice cubes and cold water).
- Combine the basil, garlic, parmigiano reggiano and almonds in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- While the machine is running, add the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.