Granola is super versatile! It makes for a great, high fiber breakfast, parfait or smoothie bowl topping or base to power balls. Use this formula to empty out the pantry and use whatever you have on hand to create delicious granola with endless combinations.
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- ⅓ cup Nuts to You Nut or Seed Butter of choice
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2½ cups rolled oats and/or puffed rice
- ¾ cup nuts, seeds, coconut (shredded or flakes) and/or dried fruit of choice
Add in ideas
- 1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice blend
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder added to wet ingredients
- ½ tsp almond extract added to wet ingredients
- ½ cup chocolate chips added after baking
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup: Use Nuts to You Peanut Butter, peanuts, cocoa powder and chocolate chips
- Halva: Use Nuts to You Tahini, sesame seeds, pistachios and extra vanilla extract
- Tropical Rainforest: Use Nuts to You Rainforest Butter, coconut flakes and dried mango
- Preheat oven to 325⁰F, and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Combine maple syrup or honey, nut/seed butter and coconut oil in a pot on medium heat. Stir frequently, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to avoid burning. Once the mixture is homogeneous and runny, add vanilla and salt. Remove from heat.
- Place the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the melted nut butter mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon until well distributed.
- Spread granola evenly over the baking sheets. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly golden on the edges.
- Allow to fully cool before storing in an airtight container for up to one week.
Recipe Sourced from: Nuts to You Nut Butter