SUPPLEMENT MANAGER - WESTBORO
Supplement Manager - Westboro
Posting date: July 24, 2018
Closing Date: August 9, 2018
Start date: Immediately
Are you a health enthusiast with a passion for natural foods and healthy living? Are you a leader with experience in food retail who is looking to combine your passion for healthy foods with an exciting career in a place where your colleagues share your passion and values? Do you fuel up on energy from building a community with customers and people who have an appreciation for natural foods?
Natural Food Pantry is looking for you!
Keep reading to find out more about this exciting opportunity...
Natural Food Pantry offers a diverse array of products including gluten free foods, bulk foods, sport nutrition, supplements, organic produce and meats, fresh and frozen foods, homeopathy, herbs, natural body care, home care products, eco-friendly products, books, specialty products and much more. We have been loyally serving the Ottawa community since 1981.
Essence of the Job:
The Supplement Manager has the responsibility to oversee the general management of the supplement, sports nutrition and health and beauty departments in a variety of tasks including but not limited to, human resources, customer service, education, sales, merchandising and store operational excellence.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support management team in a variety of tasks
• Train staff, assist them for any question that may arise and contribute to increase service;
• Leadership, coaching, training and enforcement of company policies and procedures
• Provide guest with advise and expertise on all products
• Merchandising and realignment of product
• Participate in management’s marketing meeting
• Advising potential guests about special diets
• Review and provide feedback on new product offerings, stay up to date on trends
• Great advocate of healthy and balanced nutrition
• Order merchandise and conduct inventory
• Contact the vendors/suppliers if there are issues with the delivery or if they are missing items;
• Attend and/or contribute to training sessions by all companies and partners
• In addition to these tasks, other tasks can be assigned.
• Education or Experience required: certified nutritionist, related post-secondary or the equivalent experience in a nutritionist’s role or capacity. Min 3 years experience is ideal
• Experience in retail, preferably in a natural product store;
• Good knowledge of natural health products;
• Extensive knowledge of English;
• Available on flexible schedule;
• Knowledge of French and or other foreign languages are considered strong assets.
• Responsible and meticulous
• Friendly, outgoing, confident, approachable
• Superior verbal communication skills with strong telephone etiquette
• Self-driven and motivated, requires minimal supervision
• Unbiased approach to nutrition and natural health remedies
• Ownership values, with strong sense of self awareness
• Assertive team player with solid work ethic and values
• Strong in analysis, problem solving and good error detection capacity
• Ability to work in a team and to create good synergy within a team
• Contribute to brand improvement strategy
• Strong time management skills , multitasking and ability to prioritize various tasks with competing deadlines
Our retail location located at 205 Richmond rd. On occasion this position may report to other stores in a sales and service support capacity. Location is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Often walking and working mostly in a standing position. Must be able to lift weights that can weigh up to 25 pounds. Work in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
This is a full time position (5 days/week) between Sunday to Saturday with a fair mix of day and evening hours, with weekend shifts, determined by management and is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Interested Applicants can also email their resume, with cover letter to email@example.com. We are committed to employment equity. Natural Food Pantry would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.