Store Manager: Orléans
Are you a health enthusiast with a passion for natural foods and healthy living? Are you a leader with experience in food retail who is looking to combine your passion for healthy foods with an exciting career in a place where your colleagues share your passion and values? Do you fuel up on energy from building a community with customers and people who have an appreciation for natural foods? Natural Food Pantry is looking for you! Keep reading to find out more about this exciting career opportunity.
“We have health in store’’
Natural Food Pantry offers a diverse array of products including gluten free foods, bulk foods, sport nutrition, supplements, organic produce and meats, fresh and frozen foods, homeopathy, herbs, natural body care, home care products, eco-friendly products, books, specialty products and much more. We have been loyally serving the Ottawa community since 1981.
Essence of the Job
The Store Manager has the responsibility to oversee the general management of store operations in a variety of management tasks, including but not limited to human resources, community marketing, customer service, store operational excellence, sales, logistics planning and merchandising.
The Store Manager’s responsibilities can be grouped into marketing, merchandising,ordering, staff management and administration as described below:
- Ensure excellent customer service and guest satisfaction at all times;
- Keep on top of new trends and products in the industry;
- Organize store events and demos;
- Execute monthly merchandising and promotional planograms;
- Support the company’s marketing initiatives (social media, in store promotional materials, community involvement);
- Participate in management’s marketing meetings.
· Merchandising and reordering:
- Merchandising and realignment of products when necessary;
- Execute/assist in purchasing in all departments of the store both with assistant manager and department managers, ensuring all purchases are within company guidelines;
- Meet with representatives and brokers;
- Ensure stock levels are adequate to achieve sales;
- Oversee warehouse orders coming into store;
- Receive, price and merchandise products when required;
- Take the inventory to prepare for reorders;
- Manage overstock and store transfers to minimize waste;
- Ensure proper rotation of product is being done to minimize waste.
· Staff management:
- Oversee and supervise all assigned store location staff including assistant managers;
- Lead recruitment and hiring with assistant managers;
- Welcome and train new employees with assistant managers;
- Ensure every staff member has the necessary knowledge and competencies to serve customers well, via an onboarding program and specific training processes;
- Conduct regular staff meetings to ensure all employees are up to date on all relevant info.
- Profit and Loss management responsibilities;
- Manage average check, traffic, conversion and basket opportunities and develop store specific action plan to improve;
- Daily cash management and balancing;
- Daily banking responsibilities;
- Oversee proper open and close of the store by staff;
- Responsible for store security and asset management policies and procedures.
- 5+ years’ experience in a general management or senior management role;
- Experience in grocery retail, preferably with experience in fresh foods;
- Good knowledge of natural health products;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Available on flexible schedule including evenings and weekends;
- Knowledge of French and or other foreign languages are considered strong assets;
- Excellent computer skills with Word, Excel and POS terminals.
ABILITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Great interpersonal skills and enjoys greeting and talking with customers;
- Superior verbal communication skills with strong telephone etiquette;
- Self-driven and motivated, requires minimal supervision;
- Ownership values, with strong sense of self awareness;
- Assertive team player with solid work ethic and values;
- Strong in analysis, problem-solving skills and good error detection capacity;
- Ability to work in a team and to create good synergy within a team;
- Detailed-oriented and able to interpret budget and sales reports;
- Strong time management skills, multitasking and ability to prioritize various tasks with competing deadlines;
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
In exchange for your competencies and qualifications, Natural Food Pantry offers a competitive annual salary, employee benefits, learning opportunities and a friendly work environment.
Our new retail location is located in Orléans on Tenth Line Road. On occasion, this position may report to other stores in a leadership support capacity.
This is a full-time position from Tuesday to Saturday with occasional evening shifts, determined by management and is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Start Date: Immediate
Interested applicants can email their resume, with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (please quote reference: Store Manager Application in subject line). We are committed to employment equity. Natural Food Pantry would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.