Store Associate: Kanata
Posting date: March 4th, 2020
Closing Date: March 20th, 2020
Start date: Immediate
Are you a health enthusiast with a passion for natural foods and healthy living? Are you a leader with experience in food retail who is looking to combine your passion for healthy foods with an exciting career in a place where your colleagues share your passion and values? Do you fuel up on energy from building a community with customers and people who have an appreciation for natural foods? Natural Food Pantry is looking for you! Keep reading to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
"We have health in store"
Natural Food Pantry offers a diverse array of products including gluten free foods, bulk foods, sport nutrition, supplements, organic produce and meats, fresh and frozen foods, homeopathy, herbs, natural body care, home care products, eco-friendly products, books, specialty products and much more. We have been loyally serving the Ottawa community since 1981.
Essence of the Job
The Store Associate is an integral part of our team. He/She should be a people person who enjoys being a jack of all trades. From product stocking, merchandising, pricing, cleaning, organization and receiving product. He/She will serve customers by welcoming them into the store, cashing them out and offering general assistance. He/She will also actively and positively contribute to the visual appearance of the store.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support department manager in a variety of tasks that may be asked depending on the work flow
- Consistently provide customers with general assistance on all products
- Provide basic health advice and promoting healthy living
- Must have basic knowledge to sell grocery, home and beauty products with confidence
- Ring through and cash out customers.
- Order merchandise and conduct inventory as assigned
- Maintain organization of the back room
- Maintain accurate signage and pricing
- Maintain a clean store environment for fellow staff and guests
- Merchandise floor stock (rotation, stocking, front facing)
- In addition to these tasks, other tasks may be assigned
- Education or Experience required: High school diploma
- Experience in retail, preferably in a natural health food store or grocery environment
- Good knowledge of natural health products
- Extensive knowledge of English
- Available on flexible schedule
- Knowledge of French and or other foreign languages are considered strong assets
- Responsible and meticulous
- Good eye for detail
- Friendly, outgoing, confident, approachable
- Superior verbal communication skills with strong telephone etiquette
- Self-driven and motivated, requires minimal supervision
- Unbiased approach to nutrition and natural health remedies
- Ownership values, with strong sense of self awareness
- Assertive team player with solid work ethic and values
- Strong in analysis, problem solving and good error detection capacity
- Ability to work in a team and to create good synergy within a team
- Contribute to brand improvement strategy
- Strong time management skills, multitasking and ability to prioritize various tasks with competing deadlines
Our retail location located on Hazeldean Rd . On occasion this position may report to other stores in a sales and service support capacity. Location is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Often walking and working mostly in a standing position. Must be able to lift weights that can weigh up to 25 pounds. Work in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
Part time positions from Sunday to Saturday with a fair mix of day and evening hours and weekend shifts to be determined by management and is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Interested Applicants can email their resume, with cover letter to email@example.com. We are committed to employment equity. Natural Food Pantry would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.