Produce Lead: Orleans
Posting date: December 21st, 2021
Closing Date: December January 30th, 2022
Start date: January 2022
Are you a health enthusiast with a passion for natural foods and healthy living? Do you fuel up on energy from building a community with customers and people who have an appreciation for natural foods? Natural Food Pantry is looking for you! Keep reading to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
“We have health in store’’
Natural Food Pantry offers a diverse array of products including gluten free foods, bulk foods, sport nutrition, supplements, organic produce and meats, fresh and frozen foods, homeopathy, herbs, natural body care, home care products, eco-friendly products, books, specialty products and much more. We have been loyally serving the Ottawa community since 1981.
Essence of the Job
The Produce Lead is an intrical part of our team. He/She should be a people person who enjoys being a jack of all trades. From product ordering, stocking, merchandising, pricing, cleaning, organization and receiving product. He/She will also actively and positively contribute to the visual appearance of the store.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support department manager in a variety of tasks that may be asked depending on the work flow
- Consistently provide customers with general assistance
- Coordinate departmental activities and operations
- Maintain a fresh and full department
- Accurately monitor and maintain inventories, the flow of merchandise, and weekly orders
- Analyse the effectiveness of sales programs, and recommend and implement changes based on findings
- Order merchandise and conduct inventory as assigned
- Maintain organization of the back room
- Maintain accurate signage and pricing
- Maintain a clean store environment for fellow staff and guests
- Merchandise floor stock (rotation, stocking, front facing)
- In addition to these tasks, other tasks may be assigned
- Education or Experience required: High school diploma
- Experience in retail, preferably in a natural health food store or grocery environment
- Good knowledge of produce and natural products
- Extensive knowledge of English
- Available on flexible schedule
- Knowledge of French and or other foreign languages are considered strong assets
- Responsible and meticulous
- Good eye for detail
- Friendly, outgoing, confident, approachable
- Superior verbal communication skills with strong telephone etiquette
- Self-driven and motivated, requires minimal supervision
- Ownership values, with strong sense of self awareness
- Assertive team player with solid work ethic and values
- Strong in analysis, problem solving and good error detection capacity
- Ability to work in a team and to create good synergy within a team
- Contribute to brand improvement strategy
- Strong time management skills, multitasking and ability to prioritize various tasks with competing deadlines
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and will not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Employees may perform other related duties and tasks as required to meet the needs of the operation.
Our retail location located in the East end of Ottawa on Tenth Line rd. On occasion this position may report to other stores in a sales and service support capacity. Location is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Often walking and working mostly in a standing position. Must be able to lift weights that can weigh up to 25 pounds. Work in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
Full time from Sunday to Saturday with a fair mix of day and evening hours and weekend shifts to be determined by management and is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Start Date: January 2022
Interested Applicants can email their resume, with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to employment equity. Natural Food Pantry would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.