Nutrition Advisor: Barrhaven
Posting date: June 16, 2021
Closing Date: June 30 2021
Start date: July 2021
Are you a health enthusiast with a passion for natural foods and healthy living? Are you a leader with experience in food retail who is looking to combine your passion for healthy foods with an exciting career in a place where your colleagues share your passion and values? Do you fuel up on energy from building a community with customers and people who have an appreciation for natural foods? Natural Food Pantry is looking for you! Keep reading to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
“We have health in store’’
Natural Food Pantry offers a diverse array of products including gluten free foods, bulk foods, sport nutrition, supplements, organic produce and meats, fresh and frozen foods, homeopathy, herbs, natural body care, home care products, eco-friendly products, books, specialty products and much more. We have been loyally serving the Ottawa community since 1981.
Essence of the Job
The nutrition advisor has the responsibility to listen to the guests in order to sell them the right products according to their needs. He/She will serve guests and answer their questions by providing an expertise in his/her field, which covers everything related to the supplement, foods and general wellness . He/She also actively and positively contributes to the visual appearance of the store and to the administration of the inventory
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support department manager in a variety of tasks that may be asked depending on the work flow;
- Train staff, assist them for any question that may arise and contribute to increase service;
- Leadership, coaching, training and enforcement of company policies and procedures
- Provide guest with advise and expertise on all products;
- Comfortable understanding on how the body's functions are affected by nutrients
- Good knowledge of the process of nourishment and the association between diet, disease and health
- Providing health advice and promoting healthy living
- Advising potential guests about special diets
- Great advocate of healthy and balanced nutrition
- Must be able to provide expertise and sell supplements, grocery, home and beauty products with confidence
- Order merchandise and conduct inventory as assigned
- Contact the vendors/suppliers if there are issues with the delivery or if they are missing items;
- Attend and/or contribute to training sessions by all companies and partners
- In addition to these tasks, other tasks can be assigned.
- Education or Experience required: certified nutritionist, related post-secondary or the equivalent experience in a nutritionist’s role or capacity. 1-2 years experience is ideal
- Experience in retail, preferably in a natural product store;
- Good knowledge of natural health products;
- Extensive knowledge of English;
- Available on flexible schedule;
- Knowledge of French and or other foreign languages are considered strong assets.
- Responsible and meticulous
- Friendly, outgoing, confident, approachable
- Superior verbal communication skills with strong telephone etiquette
- Self-driven and motivated, requires minimal supervision
- Unbiased approach to nutrition and natural health remedies
- Ownership values, with strong sense of self awareness
- Assertive team player with solid work ethic and values
- Strong in analysis, problem solving and good error detection capacity
- Ability to work in a team and to create good synergy within a team
- Contribute to brand improvement strategy
- Strong time management skills , multitasking and ability to prioritize various tasks with competing deadlines
Location: Our retail location located in the west end of the city on Strandherd Drive. On occasion this position may report to other stores in a sales and service support capacity. Location is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Physical Demands: Often walking and working mostly in a standing position. Must be able to lift weights that can weigh up to 25 pounds. Work in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
Time: Part time positions from Sunday to Saturday with a fair mix of day and evening hours, with weekend shifts, determined by management and is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Start Date: July 2021
Interested Applicants can email there resume, with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to employment equity. Natural Food Pantry would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.