Position: Grocery Supervisor
We are looking for a dynamic team player who has the skill set to supervise & build the grocery department at the Stittsville location.
Under the direction of the Store Manager, the Grocery Supervisor will work to ensure that the grocery team functions to the highest of its abilities, and that the company’s department goals are met and exceeded on a regular basis.
We want to hear from you if you:
- Possess superior customer service skills
- Have a passion for natural foods and a healthy lifestyle
- Have proven performance of motivating superior employee performance and maintaining employee engagement
- Possess superior communication skills
- Have training and experience working with grocery products
- Are an excellent team player
- Are detail-oriented
- Have merchandising experience
- Are able to be completely self-motivated with an excellent work ethic
- Are available to work mornings, evenings and weekends
Principal responsibilities for this position:
- Responsible for ordering, inventory management and product selection.
- Maintaining high quality product standards set out by the company.
- Receive, sort, face and stock products.
- Assist store manager in the development of the department in a positive and proactive approach.
- To offer assistance to customers and answer queries as thoroughly as possible.
- To keep the department areas clean, inviting and well-stocked with quality products.
- To keep pricing up-to-date and adhere to budgets as produced by management.
- To minimize loss wherever possible (write-offs, theft, etc.).
- To organize support staff as necessary and supervise work to ensure its satisfactory completion.
- To mentor staff members with regards to customer service, attendance, adherence to established policies & procedures. To participate in coaching when required.
- Report errors in invoices and receiving in a timely manner.
- To manage monthly specials, demos, and other promotions as needed in conjunction with the marketing department.
- To ensure the department staffing needs are met, including helping to cover extra or different shifts when required.
- To assist with merchandising and planning.
- Travel between locations for training purposes.
- To be creative with displays and end caps.
- To pay attention to detail, pricing, and signage.
- Additional duties as required by operational demands.
- Work in collaboration with the receiving department
- Minimum 2 years retail experience
- Minimum 1 years experience in supervisor/management role
- Post-secondary education in a related field considered an asset
- 1-2 years experience in inventory management, budgets, ordering, product selection/trends
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Merchandising skills and category management
- 1-year experience with data entry and basic retail math
- Effective time management skills
- French Written/verbal skills considered an asset
- Drivers license considered an asset
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads. Push and pull carts.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Natural Food Pantry is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview. Natural Food Pantry would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.