CAFE MANAGER - NEW STORE - BARRHAVEN
Cafe Manager - Barrhaven
Posting date: November 13, 2017
Closing Date: Dec 15th, 2017
Start date: January, 2018
Are you a health enthusiast with a passion for natural foods and healthy living? Are you a leader with experience in food retail who is looking to combine your passion for healthy foods with an exciting career in a place where your colleagues share your passion and values? Do you fuel up on energy from building a community with customers and people who have an appreciation for natural foods? Natural Food Pantry is looking for you! Keep reading to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
Natural Food Pantry offers a diverse array of products including gluten free foods, bulk foods, sport nutrition, supplements, organic produce and meats, fresh and frozen foods, homeopathy, herbs, natural body care, home care products, eco-friendly products, books, specialty products and much more. We have been loyally serving the Ottawa community since 1981.
Essence of the Job
The Cafe Manager has the responsibility to oversee the general management of the cafe in a variety of tasks including but not limited to beverage preparation and rotation, human resources, customer service, education, sales, merchandising, and store operational excellence.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support management team in a variety of tasks
- Train staff, assisting them with any question that may arise and coaching them on how to deliver a high level of customer service
- Build and maintain team morale and positive spirits
- Show strong leadership by coaching, training and positively enforcing company policies and procedures
- Provide customers with recommendations on product offerings
- Ensure that all our food offerings maintain the highest quality with proper rotation
- Ensure all recipes and procedures are followed to maintain high quality and consistent standards/customer satisfaction
- Participate in management marketing meetings
- Advise potential customers about whether certain baked goods are specialized diet friendly or not
- Review and provide feedback on new product offerings and staying up to date on trends within the industry
- Be a great advocate of healthy and balanced nutrition
- Attend and/or contribute to training sessions by all companies and partners
- In addition to these tasks, other tasks may be assigned
- Education or experience required: cafe management and/or retail management experience
- Experience in a bakery, cafe or coffee shop
- Experience in retail, preferably in a natural product store a plus
- Good knowledge of natural health products
- Extensive knowledge of English
- Available on flexible schedule
- Knowledge of French and or other foreign languages are considered strong assets
- Responsible and meticulous
- Friendly, outgoing, confident, approachable
- Superior verbal communication skills with strong telephone etiquette
- Self-driven and motivated, requires minimal supervision
- Unbiased approach to nutrition and natural health remedies
- Ownership values, with strong sense of self awareness
- Assertive team player with solid work ethic and values
- Strong in analysis, problem solving and good error detection capacity
- Ability to work in a team and to create good synergy within a team
- Strong time management skills, multitasking and ability to prioritize various tasks with competing deadlines
- Teaches and practices safe work habits by identifying and resolving potential safety hazards
Our retail location located in the west end of Barrhaven on Strandherd Drive. On occasion this position may report to other stores in a sales and service support capacity. Location is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Often walking and working mostly in a standing position. Must be able to lift weights that can weigh up to 25 pounds. Work in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
This is a full time position from Sunday to Saturday with a fair mix of day and evening hours and weekend shifts to be determined by management and is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Interested Applicants can upload their resume below or email their resume, with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mention Cafe Manager - Barrhaven in subject line.
We are committed to employment equity. Natural Food Pantry would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.