Bookkeeper: Billings Bridge Plaza
Posting date: April 24th, 2022
Closing Date: May 13th 2022
Start date: Immediate
Are you a health enthusiast with a passion for natural foods and healthy living? Do you fuel up on energy from building a community with customers and people who have an appreciation for natural foods? Natural Food Pantry is looking for you! Keep reading to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
“We have health in store’’
Natural Food Pantry offers a diverse array of products including gluten free foods, bulk foods, sport nutrition, supplements, organic produce and meats, fresh and frozen foods, homeopathy, herbs, natural body care, home care products, eco-friendly products, books, specialty products and much more. We have been loyally serving the Ottawa community since 1981.
Essence of the Job
The Bookkeeper is responsible to assist the company's financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions and the financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports including monthly bank reconciliations. This position involves work on general accounting, property accounting, internal auditing, cost accounting, and budgetary controls.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain books of account (including but not limited to preparing checks, coding and posting invoices, preparing deposits, journal entries, reconciliations, petty cash)
- Oversee issuing of checks / payment of invoices
- Prepare monthly / quarterly financial statements
- Oversee accounts receivable
- Oversee accounts payable
- Oversee internal system of handling funds
- Complete monthly reconciliation for all accounts
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory changes and impacts on the organization's books of account
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and bookkeeping activities
- Maintain up-to-date, complete and systematic filing system to support book-keeping and financial records
- Provide forensic book-keeping services as necessary
- Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as necessary.
- In addition to these tasks, other tasks may be assigned
- Education or Experience required: Minimum Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field required
- 2+ years of experience in financial management
- Ability to generate effective reports
- Extensive knowledge of English
- Knowledge of French and or other foreign languages are considered strong assets
- Experience with Sage and Quickbooks software systems
- Responsible and meticulous
- Good eye for detail
- Friendly, outgoing, confident, approachable
- Superior verbal communication skills with strong telephone etiquette
- Self-driven and motivated, requires minimal supervision
- Ownership values, with strong sense of self awareness
- Assertive team player with solid work ethic and values
- Strong in analysis, problem solving and good error detection capacity
- Ability to work in a team and to create good synergy within a team
- Contribute to brand improvement strategy
- Strong time management skills, multitasking and ability to prioritize various tasks with competing deadlines
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and will not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Employees may perform other related duties and tasks as required to meet the needs of the operation.
The office is located on the second floor of Billings Bridge Plaza. Travel to a second office required 2 X per week . Location is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Often walking and working mostly in a standing position when assisting stores. Desk work for the most part. Must be able to lift weights that can weigh up to 25 pounds.
For the most part hours will remain the same every week. To be determined by management and is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Start Date: immediate
Interested Applicants can email their resume, with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to employment equity. Natural Food Pantry would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.