BAKERY ASSOCIATE - NEW STORE - BARRHAVEN
We are now accepting resumes for Bakery Associate for our new Barrhaven store. See description below:
Bakery Associate - Barrhaven
Posting date: November 13th, 2017
Closing Date: Dec 15th 2017
Start date: January 2018
Are you a health enthusiast with a passion for natural foods and healthy living? Are you a leader with experience in food retail who is looking to combine your passion for healthy foods with an exciting career in a place where your colleagues share your passion and values? Do you fuel up on energy from building a community with customers and people who have an appreciation for natural foods? Natural Food Pantry is looking for you! Keep reading to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
Natural Food Pantry offers a diverse array of products including gluten free foods, bulk foods, sport nutrition, supplements, organic produce and meats, fresh and frozen foods, homeopathy, herbs, natural body care, home care products, eco-friendly products, books, specialty products and much more. We have been loyally serving the Ottawa community since 1981.
Essence of the Job
The Bakery Store Associate is a customer pleaser. He/She has a positive attitude and takes delight in making someone’s day bright. He/She loves being a member of a solid and close team and works diligently to achieve goals that benefit the store and customers alike. He/She should be a people person who has a passion for healthy food and drink; and who is eager to share that passion with others. He/She will serve guests by welcoming them into the store, engaging in conversation, taking orders and answering questions about our food and drink selections. He/She will also actively and positively contribute to the visual appearance of the bakery.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support department manager in a variety of tasks that may be asked depending on the work flow
- Consistently engage customers in a pleasant and inviting way
- Providing basic health advice and promote healthy living
- Being friendly, inviting and delivering great service and attention to every customer
- Contribute to product ideas and development
- Take orders and offer recommendations
- Maintain organization of the bakery area
- Maintain accurate signage and pricing
- Maintain a clean bakery environment for fellow staff and guests
- Merchandise floor stock (rotation, stocking, front facing)
- In addition to these tasks, other tasks may be assigned
- Education or Experience required: High school diploma
- Strongly desired: certified nutritionist, related post-secondary or the equivalent experience in a nutritionist’s role or capacity. 1-2 years experience preferred
- Experience in retail, preferably in a natural health food store, bakery or cafe/coffee shop environment
- Good knowledge of natural health products
- Extensive knowledge of English
- Available on flexible schedule
- Knowledge of French and or other foreign languages are considered strong assets
- Responsible and meticulous
- Good eye for detail
- Friendly, outgoing, confident, approachable
- Superior verbal communication skills with strong telephone etiquette
- Self-driven and motivated, requires minimal supervision
- Unbiased approach to nutrition and natural health remedies
- Ownership values, with strong sense of self awareness
- Assertive team player with solid work ethic and values
- Strong in analysis and problem solving
- Ability to work in a team and to create good synergy within a team
- Contribute to brand improvement strategy
- Strong time management skills, multitasking and ability to prioritize various tasks with competing deadlines
Our retail location located in the west end of Barrhaven on Strandherd Drive. On occasion this position may report to other stores in a sales and service support capacity. Location is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Often walking and working mostly in a standing position. Must be able to lift weights that can weigh up to 25 pounds. Work in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
Full and part time position from Sunday to Saturday with a fair mix of day and evening hours and weekend shifts to be determined by management and is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Interested Applicants can click the link below to upload their resume or email their resume, with cover letter to email@example.com.
Mention Bakery Associate - Barrhaven in subject line.
We are committed to employment equity. Natural Food Pantry would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.