We are now accepting resumes for Assistant Store Manager for our Billings Bridge Centre location. See description below:
Assistant Store Manager - BILLINGS BRIDGE
Posting date : June 9th, 2020
Closing Date: June 30th, 2020
Start Date: July, 2020
The assistant store manager has the responsibility to support the store manager in a variety of management tasks, including but not limited to supervising personnel, scheduling, marketing, merchandising, customer service, inventory management and product orders. He/She will also solve problems at the cash and/or on the floor when they occur. He/She will actively and positively contributes to the visual appearance and administration of the store. He/She must also oversee the store activities in absence of the manager.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support store manager in a variety of tasks that may be asked depending on the work flow;
- Supervise store personnel and encourage motivation;
- Be the first responder when it is time to solve problems at the cash and/or on the floor;
- Build schedules, help staff book their time off and assure full coverage;
- Train staff, assist them with any question that may arise and contribute to increase service;
- Manage customers and/or employee’s complaints;
- Leadership, coaching, training and enforcement of company policies and procedures
- Be actively involved in and recommend employee corrective action plans and/or disciplinary measures
- Provide customers with advise and expertise;
- Lead financial business practices and store-specific strategic planning
- Order merchandise and check on inventory;
- Contact the vendors if there are issues with the delivery or if they are missing items;
- Update and support the company’s local store marketing initiatives (Social media, in store promotional materials, community involvement
- In addition to these tasks, other tasks can be assigned.
- Education or Experience required : certified nutritionist, enrolled in or completed related post-secondary education relating to either business management or nutrition
- Experience in a similar position;
- Good knowledge of natural products;
- Extensive knowledge of English;
- Available on flexible schedule;
- Knowledge of French and or other foreign languages are considered strong assets.
- Responsible and meticulous
- Excels at merchandising
- Great interpersonal skills and enjoy greeting and talking with customers
- Superior verbal communication skills with strong telephone etiquette
- Self-driven and motivated, requires minimal supervision
- Ownership values, with strong sense of self awareness
- Assertive team player with solid work ethic and values
- Strong in analysis, problem solving and good error detection capacity
- Ability to work in a team and to create good synergy within a team
- Detailed-oriented and able to interpret budget and sales reports
- Strong time management skills , multitasking and ability to prioritize various tasks with competing deadlines
- Excellent computer skills with Word, Excel, Google drive and POS terminals
Our retail location located at 2277 Riverside Dr. On occasion this position may report to other stores in a leadership support capacity. Location is subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Often walking and working mostly in a standing position. Must be able to lift weights that can weigh up to 25 pounds. Work in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
This is a full time position with 1 weekend day shift and a minimum of 1 evening shift. Subject to change at any time with adequate notice.
Interested Applicants can email there resume, with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention Assistant Manager Billings Bridge in subject line. We are committed to employment equity. Natural Food Pantry would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.