Nov 30: NiaTrition! Mindful Movement & Nutrition
Saturday November 30th 2019 10 am - 12 pm
Pat Clark Community Centre, 4355 Halmont Drive, Ottawa, ON K1J 8W6 (free parking)
$30/person in advance, $35.00 at the door; Registration: email@example.com
Join Nia Teacher Steffi Retzlaff and Holistic Nutritionist Natasha Villeneuve for a Nia experience of movement and music followed by an interactive workshop on mindful eating.
Holiday eating doesn’t have to leave you feeling sluggish, bloated, heavy and fatigued. It is possible to experience the joy of the season and some of the treats that go along with it without sacrificing your health and well-being.
‣ The Nia Technique blending dance, martial and healing arts
‣ Uplifting music, energy & elevated mood
‣ Stress reduction, mindfulness and body gratitude
‣ The importance of proper digestion & how to support your digestive process for optimal health
‣ How to make more mindful eating choices during the holidays and everyday
‣ Simple solutions to maintaining healthy eating during the holidays or anytime life gets busy
Natasha will also share 2 simple, healthy holiday recipes and bring a sample of a yummy, healthy treat for participants to taste.
Steffi Retzlaff teaches Nia and Yoga and is also active in language education, curriculum design and as a teacher trainer specifically in the area of drama pedagogy. Steffi’s motto is: out of the mind and into the body. She believes in the power of movement, music, play and stillness to heal, feel and become more innovative and creative.
Natasha Villeneuve is the Lead and Educator of the Natural Food Pantry Education Initiative. With over eighteen years in the health and wellness industry, Natasha has gained a positive reputation within the community as a nutritional consultant, speaker and workshop facilitator. Natasha's main focus and interest are in the areas of digestion, detoxification, mental health, and mindful eating.