Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
• 30 mL (2 Tbsp) Sunflower Oil
• 400 g (14 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut in strips
• Fine grey sea salt and pepper
• 227 g (8 oz) mushrooms Crimini, Paris or Shitake
• 4 green onions chopped, white and green separated
• 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes or strips
• 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into cubes or strips
• 250 mL (1 cup) snow peas cut in half
• 1 celery stalk thinly sliced
• 15 mL (1 Tbsp) sugar
• 60 mL (¼ cup) chicken stock
• 45 mL (3 Tbsp) hoisin sauce
• 30 mL (2 Tbsp) soy sauce
• 30 mL (2 Tbsp) apple cider vinegar
• Hot sauce to taste
• 15 mL (1 Tbsp) cornstarch
In a large skillet or wok, heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of oil over high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes or until no longer pink inside colour. Salt and pepper. Reserved in a plate.
In the same skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the mushrooms for 2 minutes or until softened. Add remaining red palm fruit oil, the white of the green onions, garlic, peppers, snow peas and celery. Sauté about 2 minutes over high heat or until the vegetables are al dente.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix sugar, chicken stock, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, cider vinegar, hot sauce and cornstarch. Add the vegetables, stirring until it begins to thicken. Add the chicken and mix. Serve over rice or Chinese noodles and garnish with the green part of green onions.
For a a gluten-free stir fry, look for a certified gluten-free soy sauce.
Makes 4 servings
Recipe provided by Maison Orphée