This oil-rich, nourishing homemade lip balm is great for getting your lips pucker-ready. If you prefer a softer balm, reduce the beeswax in this recipe.
5 tablespoons cocoa butter
3 tablespoons beeswax
1 tablespoon argan oil
1 tablespoon macadamia oil
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 teaspoons vegetable glycerin
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
(can add more for a darker colour)
25 drops Roman Chamomile Precious Essentials®
♦ Two pots to use as a double boiler
♦ Measuring spoons
♦ Small glass bowl
♦ Mixing spoon
♦ 1 ounce lip balm tins
1. In a double boiler, melt cocoa butter and beeswax together over medium heat.
2. As the mixture is melting, add the argan, coconut and macadamia oils.
3. In a separate bowl, combine vegetable glycerin, honey, vitamin E oil, cocoa powder and Roman Chamomile Precious Essentials. Mix well.
4. Once the heated mixture is completely liquid, remove from heat and add the glycerin mixture before the oils have cooled. Whisk
together for 30 to 45 seconds to infuse the glycerin mixture, then pour into your balm container(s). This recipe will make approximately 8 to 10 ½-ounce tins of lip balm.
5. Allow the balm to cool completely before covering with any lids. The end result should be light brown in colour and will be very subtly sweet.