A hearty winter stew that will help warm you up on a cold night! A recipe provided to us by one of our staff at Westboro because it's one of her wintertime favourties!
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 -2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 - 3 ribs celery, chopped
• ¼ cabbage, red or green, chopped
• 3 - 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
• 1 jar Nourished Self carrot soup
• 1 large can diced tomatoes
• 4 - 5 small cooked beets, peeled and chopped
• 1 cup chopped swiss chard, kale or spinach
• Dill Weed
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Oil of your choice to saute vegetables
Lightly saute the onions and garlic, then add celery and cabbage. Saute for a few minutes longer, then add in the stock. Continue to add the rest of the ingredients, then simmer until the greens are soft. Before serving, add a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt.
Tip: You could also use the Nourished Self beet soup and add chopped carrots in with the celery and cabbage./p>
Recipe provided by Maryanne Koot, Westboro