• 8 oz cream cheese, softened (226g)
• 3 oz smoked salmon (85g)
• 2 Tbsp flax seed oil
• 2 tsp grated or prepared horseradish
• 1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice
• 1-2 tsp honey
• 1½ Tbsp chopped fresh dill weed (or 1½ tsp dried)
• ⅛ tsp Tabasco sauce
• 1-2 Tbsp milk for adjusting consistency
• Sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
Place all ingredients (except milk) in a food processor or blender. Process until salmon is coarsely pureed, scraping down the bowl as necessary. If serving immediately, adjust consistency and seasoning by mixing in milk a little at a time. To serve later, do not add milk; just cover tightly and refrigerate. Let warm slightly, adjust consistency and season before serving.
Note: For a lighter version of this recipe try low fat cream cheese!