This recipe is great for finger foods to bring to any party over the holidays. Great for sharing! Use any smoked fish for this recipe, lox will do if you cannot find smoked fish.
• 20 slices of multi-grain bread
• 4 Tbsp of butter
• 250g smoked fish, chopped
• 300ml sour cream
• ½ cup pitted, chopped olives (green or black)
• 3 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
• 1 Tbsp capers
• 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
• 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
Grease 2 x 12-hole deep pan trays. Cut an 8cm round from each slice of bread and brush one side of the bread with butter. Press un-buttered side into prepared trays and bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes (until browned) and let cool. Combine and mix well the fish, sour cream, 1/3 of the olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capers and herbs in a bowl. Divide mixture between tartlet cases, sprinkle with extra olives and dill. Eat right away or wrap and refrigerate for the next day!